No one should have to deal with abuse at a match or online. But when discrimination does happen and you let us know, we get involved and stay involved until it’s resolved.
Reporting in the professional game
Reporting at grassroots
If you’re a victim of abuse at grassroots level, or you see it happening, try to follow these steps:
- Let the referee or official know straightaway
- If you are the victim, it can help to seek support from a teammate or club member
- If you have witnessed abuse, check in to see if the victim is OK.
- At the end of the game, make sure the ref has recorded what’s happened.
- Report the incident to us. You can also tell your FA and/or county FA - though we will contact them too. Here’s what happens next: